Monday, July 11, 2011

Sorrento and trip to Florence

Sunday was our day for relaxing.  Andy and Tommy set off for the hotel pool and I set off to explore the town of Sorrento.  I went into a 13th century Franciscan church, which had its cloisters next door.  There was another church I wanted to look in, but there was a service going on (as it was Sunday), so I felt I shouldn’t intrude.  I found several places to enjoy the view along the coast and look down at the sun bathers roasting themselves with no shade.  I then went back to the hotel for an afternoon relaxing and swimming.
This morning we stayed relaxing in the hotel grounds until check out time and headed off on the drive back to Naples.  We had spotted that there was an Avis near the station, from where we were catching the train to Florence, and as that was much closer to our destination, not to mention much closer to the end of the Autostrada (motorway) and therefore didn’t require as much driving through the streets of Naples, we had rung up from Sorrento and arranged to return the car there instead of to the office from which we had rented it.  Then it was just a question of waiting for our high-speed train to Florence.

No comments:

Post a Comment